Voluntary Action Epping Forest is an independent charity known as a council for voluntary services or CVS. We have been supporting not for profit organisations in Epping Forest for more than twenty five years. Our core work is aimed at helping local charities and community groups to achieve their full potential.
Member groups of VAEF benefit from a wide range of services available including :
- Regular updates on funding, tailored funding searches and one to one support with funding applications
- Topical information in weekly email bulletins
- Links to training available to the sector
- Promotion of your events and activities
- A listing on our searchable directory of community services
- Support with a wide range of matters including governance, management, starting a new group, registering as a charity or expanding services
- Recruiting volunteers and bespoke good practice in volunteering advice
- Affordable room hire
- Networking events and seminars
We are also able to offer a wide range of secretarial and administrative services at low cost prices.
In addition VAEF operates a number of direct services available to individuals in the Epping Forest district as follows:
- Befriending – Providing weekly local activity clubs, trips and home visits for those living on their own or in isolation.
- Handyman – Providing a Handyman service to Epping Forest Council tenants who are over 60 or disabled
- Community Handyman – Providing an affordable Handyman service to homeowners who are over 60 or disabled
- Volunteer Centre Epping Forest and Volunteer Centre Harlow – Providing support to individuals wishing to volunteer in the two districts
- Supported Volunteering Learning Disabilities – Providing volunteering group sessions, activities and support to people with learning disabilities
- Gardening – Providing a gardening service to Epping Forest Council tenants who are over 70* or disabled
- Benefits Advice – Providing benefit advice to housebound residents
- Timebank – Linking individuals and groups together to enable support and an exchange of skills to reduce isolation, loneliness and increase skills
- Community Services – Providing initiatives to assist people to achieve and maintain positive health and wellbeing outcomes. Currently we are offering the My Weight Matters programme and are providing support to prevent people from falling in the home.
VAEF have moved offices.
For a short term we will be based at the council offices nr Epping Sports Centre:
25 Hemnall Street, Epping CM16 4LU
Contact telephone numbers and emails remain the same.