|When:||Back to Calendar November 14, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Where:||St John's Church
St Johns Rd
01992 910 701
FALLS PREVENTION WORKSHOP
Delivered by: Chris Tuckett BSc MCSP, Physiotherapist & Falls Prevention practitioner
Does you organisation work with people who may be at risk of falling?
Could you identify potential hazards?
This training will assist you with your day to day role of supporting people in your community.
Wednesday 14th November 2018 1pm—4pm
St John’s Church, St John’s Road, Epping CM16 5DN
Please confirm your attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01992 910701
Aims of the day
1) Find out about falls, what their prevalence is and who it effects.
2) Simple risk assessments and what to look for.
3) Learn (and try out for yourselves!) some physical tests to assess risk of falling.
4) Simple tips to help everyone.
5) Answer any questions you may have.
13.00-13.30 An introduction to falls
13.30-14.00 Assessing falls risk, what to look for
14.00-14.15 Coffee break
14.15-14.45 Physical tests & deconditioning
14.45-15.15 Simple advice and tips