What can we do for you? - Services & Support
- Funding Advice and Information Resource. (Click here),
- Practical Support – We offer practical services to groups including room hire, equipment loans and special mailings. (Click here)
- Training and Development – By working with Voluntary Sector Training we can support groups to access a wide variety of courses, training sessions and events. These courses cover various issues and topics relevant to the needs of local groups. They range from one-off training sessions to accredited courses.
- VAEF Newsletter – We produce a bi-monthly newsletter for member groups. It includes information on our activities and new initiatives, funding and training, local, regional and national news. The VAEF newsletter is only available to members of VAEF. If you would like to become a member and receive a copy of this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The previous issues are available to download or view in the Newsletters page of this website.
- Liaison & Representation – Enabling the local voluntary and community sector to present its views to statutory and public sector bodies through consultation, networking, Voluntary Sector Forums and events.
- Development – Identifying local need, working with others to develop appropriate action and working strategically to benefit the local voluntary and community sector.
- Strategic Partnership – Working with the Local Strategic Partnership, participating in neighbourhood regeneration and working with other statutory bodies at a strategic level.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Advice – Matching the skills of those wishing to volunteer to the needs of community organisations
- Essex Connects Database – Essex Connects is a listing of community groups across the county. This is a valuable tool for promoting and enhancing your organisation’s profile, and the data will be used by many partner agencies, including the NHS, District and County Councils, to identify who provides services in these districts and to make referrals. (Click here)
How can your organisation join us?
Voluntary Action Epping Forest is a membership organisation, governed by our members, over 150 voluntary and community groups across the Epping Forest District. Our members nominate and elect our Board of Trustees, they benefit from a wide range of services and most importantly they become part of a network that Voluntary Action Epping Forest works hard to represent. Enable us to make the local voluntary and community sector stronger by joining our network.
We charge an annual subscription of £12 for affiliated membership and always welcome new members. For more details contact us or email a completed membership form to email@example.com and forward on the membership fee if applicable.
Affiliated general members are eligible to use the Volunteer Centre services, receive a copy of the VAEF newsletter and full membership services from VAEF including regular E-bulletins. Your organisation would also be eligible to attend the AGM and nominate a representative to the Board of Trustees of VAEF.
Members will also be added to the Essex Connects database in Epping Forest. Essex Connects is a listing of community groups across the county. This is a valuable tool for promoting and enhancing your organisation’s profile, and the data will be used by many partner agencies, including the NHS, District and County Councils, to identify who provides services in these districts and to make referrals. Essex Connects already operates in five districts and has proved of great value to many groups.
Non-affiliated membership is free but only entitles your organisation to restricted membership services from VAEF. For Non-affiliated members, a membership form still needs to be completed and returned.
Additional practical support is also available to members, Click here to go to practical support on offer page.